This is a very quick and easy-to-make soup, with great texture and taste, made from raw or half-cooked ingredients, good for spring, summer and early fall. Drink lukewarm to warm.
- 1 cup chopped fresh portabella mushroom*
- 1 avocado*
- 1/4 cup cashews*
- 1 to 2 cups warm water
- 1/4 onion
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic (fresh, aged or roasted)
- 1 slice apple (optional)
- 1 tbsp miso (white or brown rice miso) or 1/2 tbsp salt to taste
- Put all ingredients into a high-speed blender（VitaMax) or food processor. Blend on highest speed until very smooth/creamy (you can blend until slightly warm if in cold season or you prefer warm soup).
- Before pouring out the soup, taste to see if it’s salty enough to your taste, if not, add a bit more salt or more miso.
- Pour the mushroom soup into a bowl(s),serve immediately.
*Mushrooms:The fresher, the better
*Cashews: you can soak them for half a day or overnight, for more nutrient value
*Water: lukewarm in late spring and summer, or warm in cool and cold seasons; boil and let cool or mix with cold water
*See recipe for “Aged garlic”, and “Roasted garlic” Decorate with your favorite garnish.
*Garlic: optional, if you are afraid of the garlic odor for social reasons, you can skip it, but you’d miss some of the precious hint of the aroma. Aged or roasted garlic* is preferred as it reduces the strong odor of the garlic and add more subtle and atomic taste to the soup. Try each version when you have time.
Preparation time: 5 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 2